CSEC Human And Social Biology (FULL COURSE)
Self-Paced: Start Anytime!
*** PAYMENT DETAILS ***
If you do not have access to a credit card to purchase this course through the website please contact me to make the payment via one of the following methods:
- Western Union or MoneyGram- If you do not reside in Barbados.
- Cash (Barbadian residents)
This self-paced course is specifically designed for Caribbean students preparing for the January or May/June CSEC Human and Social Biology examinations. It is ideal for school students, school leavers or adult learner who need study tools to assist in their learning and preparation for exams.
When you enroll in this course you get unlimited access to the following study tools:
- 12 PowerPoint tutorials (pdf) with comprehensive coverage of each topic on the syllabus
- 27 Video Tutorials with detailed explanations on key topics
- 19+ Past Paper Solutions videos to get you familiarized with exam questions on both Paper 1 and 2
- Downloadable assignments and tests for practice
**Download the iOS Teachable app to access your courses with ease on your Apple devices.
**Check out the class curriculum section below to preview some of the course study tools available.
- Section A - Living Organisms and The Environment
- Characteristics of living organisms
- Cell structure and function, microbes and cell specialization
- Osmosis, diffusion and active transport
- Food chains
- Nutrient cycles
- Section B - Life Processes
- Nutrition (nutrients, diet, digestive system, food tests etc)
- The Respiratory System (lungs, respiration, gaseous exchange smoking etc)
- The Circulatory System (heart, blood vessels, blood, lymphatic system)
- The Skeletal System (bones, cartilage, joints, movement etc)
- Excretion and Homeostasis (urinary system, skin, osmoregulation, blood glucose regulation)
- Coordination and Control (nervous system, sense organs, endocrine system)
- The Reproductive System (reproduction, female/male sex organs, menstrual cycle, embryo development, birth control etc)
- Section C - Heredity and Variation
- Cell division (mitosis and meiosis)
- Inheritance of characteristics (genetic variation, genetic crosses)
- Genetic engineering
- Section D - Disease and its Impact on Humans
- Types of diseases (deficiency, hereditary, mental, infectious, lifestyle etc)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (HIV/AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, etc prevention, treatment)
- Malaria and dengue
- Personal hygiene
- Microbial growth and control (disinfectants, antiseptics, antibiotics etc )
- Drug abuse (alcohol, marijuana, cocaine etc)
- Section E - The Impact of Health Practices on The Environment
- Pollution (water, land, air pollutants)
- Water cycle and water purification
- Sewage treatment and disposal
- Solid waste management (landfills, recycling etc)
Hey I'm Michelle and I can be your Biology tutor.
I have a Bachelor of Science in Biology (Hons.) from the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados and I have tutored CXC Biology and Human & Social Biology from 2010, both online in a virtual classroom and face-to-face in the traditional classroom. My self-paced courses and tutoring are offered to school students, school leavers and adult learners who are in need of the essential study tools and lessons to help them prepare for their exams.
For more information on my courses and tutoring you may email me at [email protected]
Check out and like CXC Biology Tutor on Facebook and subscribe to my YouTube channel.